Application Showcase – Call for Participation
The Application Showcase program at ICAPS 2013 provides an opportunity for planning and scheduling researchers and practitioners to demonstrate their state-of-the-art implementations in action. This event allows the ICAPS community to experience some of the latest contributions to the field, while broadening the reach of novel methods.
Automated planning and scheduling researchers are encouraged to submit proposals to demonstrate their systems. Submissions will be evaluated on the basis of their novelty, scientific or industrial contributions, relevance to the conference themes, user-friendliness, and presentation.
We encourage a multitude of demonstrations including:
- new and innovative techniques for planning and scheduling,
- functionalities of mature, commercial, or deployed systems, and
- prototypes systems under development.
During the conference, the “Best Demo” will be selected and an award will be given.
Potential exhibitors are invited to upload their applications at https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icaps13appshowcase by May 6th 2013 (extended).
The uploaded material should be a .zip archive containing the following items:
- A 2-4 page short paper in the AAAI format. This paper must include the title of the proposed demonstration, the list of authors and their affiliations, and an abstract of up to 250 words. It must describe the technical content of the demonstration with the appropriate credits and references.
- A storyboard describing the proposed demonstration. The storyboard will be the primary evaluation of the suitability and merit of the proposed demonstration. The authors may choose one of the following three alternatives:
- a set of slides in PPT or PDF format,
- a PDF document of not more than six pages in the AAAI format, or
- a URL link to a video in the MPEG, QuickTime or Flash format.
- A description of any hardware/software requirement and/or logistic arrangements.
In addition to the direct submission of demonstrations and exhibits, contributions accepted to the ICAPS technical paper tracks as well as contributions submitted to ICAPS workshops (e.g., SPARK, KEPS, Planning in Games) will have the option to indicate that the submission can be considered for suitability to the Application Showcase track. Accepted technical papers with this indication will be fast-tracked, and the authors will not need to provide an extended abstract. However, the authors still need to provide a storyboard and a description of their requirements, i.e., items 2 and 3.
The short papers of accepted demonstrations will be available to conference participants and will be archived on the conference web-site. Note that the papers included in the main track of the conference are copyrighted by AAAI and cannot be duplicated.
The timetable for paper submissions and reviewing is as follows:
- Submission deadline (extended): May 6th, 2013
- Notification: May 13th, 2013
- Camera-Ready deadline: May 20th, 2013
- Nicola Policella – ESA-ESOC (Germany), nicola.policella (AT) esa.int
- Nilufer Onder – Michigan Technological University (USA), nilufer (AT) mtu.edu